Sunny SF-E902 is a compact and budget-friendly elliptical trainer that promotes low-impact workout, similar to what elliptical trainers offer.
Ideally, it’s suited for the new beginners who don’t expect a lot from their trainer, rather than a machine that will let them keep fit.
It’s equally an ideal option for those in the intermediate level and beyond, and particularly those who are looking to spice their normal training regime.
But is this budget option right for you?
Well, we shall that shortly in our Sunny SF-E902 review.
- 1 What Makes Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer So Awesome?
- 2 Specifications
- 3 Unique Features that Make Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer Interesting
- 4 What We Liked About Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer
- 5 What We Didn’t Like About Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer
- 6 Bottomline & Verdict
What Makes Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer So Awesome?
A notable feature on the Sunny SF-E902 is on the compact design.
This trainer has a low-profile and discreet design.
Better yet, it's foldable and will take nearly as half much less space than the regular trainer.
Even when fully extended, Sunny SF-E902 barely takes up any space, and its footprint remains small.
Moreover, it weighs a measly 37 pound, meaning it’s light and easy to move.
Under the hood of Sunny SF-E902, you’ll not find a motor, a standard feature we see in many trainers.
Instead, Sunny SF-E902 is essentially designed from steel poles that pivot from the bolts.
And so, it's generally quiet, hardly generating any noise since it doesn't require a motor to run it.
However, there’s a possibility of squeaking, especially if the components aren’t greased enough, but it’s possible to rectify the noise.
Sunny SF-E902 offers the potential for extremely low-impact workouts that suits individuals of different ages and fitness levels.
When using the Sunny SF-E902, your feet hardly leave the pedals of the trainer, and so, the pounding, stress, and other injuries are eliminated from your workouts.
This makes the Sunny SF-E902 an ideal option for those with back and joint injuries and those rehabilitating from an injury.
Weight: 37 pounds
Weight Capacity: 220 pounds
Stride length: 30”
Dimension: 15L x 19w x 61.5H
Resistance System: None
Unique Features that Make Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer Interesting
Sunny SF-E902 is solidly constructed from an all-steel frame, and so its toughness should not be questioned.
The steel frame is further reinforced with an anti-rust chrome finish that protects the trainer against the elements.
The major highlight of the design, however, would probably be the stability.
Considering the trainer is light, you would assume it’s not stable.
We also thought so, but we were surprised at the sturdiness of this machine.
Sunny SF-E902 is designed from steel poles that are held together by bolts, and so long as the bolts keep tight, the trainer should be fairly stable.
That said, if you’re heavy, you’re bound to experience some rocking.
Sunny SF-E902 has a 220-pound weight capacity, which is considerably lower than the 300 pounds a majority of the trainers offer.
If you’re on the heavy side, but still want something similar to the Sunny SF-E902, you might as well consider going for the Gazelle Freestyle.
One of the appealing features of this elliptical trainer is the generous stride length.
With a 30-inch stride length, it's easy to move your legs forward and backward with ease and comfort, and this includes individuals over 6 feet.
The SF-E902 comes with non-slip foot pads for proper balance and safety.
When in use, your feet are less likely to slip from the pedals, and so, it's easy to achieve a full-body workout.
Even better, the pedals are designed in such a way that they easily simulate the normal foot movement, minus the joint impact.
Finally, the footpads are oversized, and they'll easily fit even the largest of the feet sizes.
Few components on the SF-E902 are adjustable, with the exception of the abdominal pad.
It’s easy to move the pad according to your preference to achieve the right support.
The second comfort element is the padding on the handlebars, which promotes a comfortable experience, while at the same time preventing slippage, even when you sweat.
The biggest flaw on the SF-E902 is the lack of resistance.
Or in other words, SF-E902 comes with a single and default resistance setting.
So, it’s impossible to increase or decrease the resistance, meaning it’s easy to max out the SF-E902 and potentially outgrow it.
Nonetheless, it has not stopped users from tweaking the machine to create additional resistance.
For instance, some users claim they wrap bungee cords around the legs of the trainer to create additional resistance.
Others have resorted to using other fitness equipment such as wrist and ankle weights to complement what SF-E902 offers.
What We Liked About Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer
- User-Friendly: SF-E902 comes pre-assembled, and the remaining part of the assembly is extremely straightforward. If anything, all the instructions on the manual fit in a single sheet of paper.
- Inexpensive: SF-E902 is a budget-option, and it won’t set you back in your finances. Despite the budget tag, however, it’s highly pragmatic and has the necessary features to take your performance to the next level.
- LCD: The console on the SF-E902 features a large LCD screen, which you can use to monitor all your performance metrics.
- Comfortable: Sure, SF-E902 might not have the frills and frays of the premium models, but one thing we love about it is an incredible comfort. The adjustable abdominal pads, for instance, will promote an easy and comfortable posture.
What We Didn’t Like About Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer
- No resistance levels: With the SF-E902, t’s easy to outgrow the machine since it only has one level of resistance. Sure, several DIY practices improve on the resistance, but they're not effective, and we can't rely on them.
Bottomline & Verdict
SF-E902 is a budget-option trainer that has plenty of desirable features.
Notably, however, it’s a great option because of offers low-impact workouts, and so, ideal for those on rehabilitation and those with joint problems.